Willing to take a break from the daily hustle-bustle of your life? If yes, then Lonavala is the best destination for you to visit! This fascinating hill station, situated in Sahyadri ranges, is well renowned among the tourists not just for splendid environment and breathtaking views, but also for several visitor attractions. Although, it’s a small place, but still, it holds many glimpses that can be viewed on a holiday trip to Lonavala. Let’s take you on a tour of some of the famous visitor attractions of Lonavala.
– Situated at a distance of approximately 6.5 Kms from Lonavala, the Rajmachi Point offers a splendid view of Rajmachi Fort, which earlier associated with Shivaji. Tourists can also enjoy the fascinating view of the valley that encircled it. It is a must visit tourist place, when you are on a trip to Lonavala.
– It is another popular tourist attraction in Lonavala. Its catchment area has been transformed into a delightful picnic place with a lovely garden. The main function of the Valvan Dam is to supply water to the Khopoli power station so that the electricity can be generated easily.
Shivaji Udyan and Ryewood Park
– Another major tourist attraction in Lonavala is Shivaji Udyan and Ryewood Park. Both are very lovely gardens that have trimmed grass, lovely flowers, tall trees and several places for people to sit and relax. If you are on a trip to this place with your full family or a group of friends, then this is the best place for you to relax and calm your mind. You can also view the antique temple of Shivaji that is situated in the house here.
Lonavala Lake –
If you are actually looking for real beauty and peace, then nothing could be better than visiting Lonavala Lake. It’s a beautiful lake enriched by natural beauty, and tourists can actually enjoy the awesome view of nature here. Although, this lake becomes dry in the season of summers, but as the season of monsoons comes into light, the Lonavala Lake starts looking beautiful and remains as it for the upcoming winters.
– During the monsoon season, this lake looks very beautiful and crystal clear as well! The main function of the Tungarli Lake is to give water to the people of Lonavala. It offers relaxation, calmness and peace of mind to those people, who are on a break from their hectic schedule and gives them a chance to spend some good time with nature.
– It was the place of battle for the Maratha warrior, Shivaji. From this fort, you can get the splendid view of the lush green encircled by the hills and the steep valleys.