If your style of a vacation is the one which includes romancing the night skies and singing and dancing around a bonfire with friends, then you most likely love camping. There cannot be any better and fun way to drench yourself in the magnificence of nature-whether it’s trekking, bird watching or just relaxing and soaking in the views than by camping. Let’s take you on a tour to few of the best camping destinations of India:
- Rishikesh: Rishikesh is situated in the foothills of Himalayas and is a home to rafters. Rafting lovers from all over the country gather at this wonderful place to raft in the waters of Ganga and also camp on the side of the river. These days many travelers visit this place to camp and get an experience of living on the banks of the river. There is an array of campsites at the place which cater to hordes of tourists.
- Jim Corbett National Park: There are various resorts and hotels in and around this National Park that offer the tourists with tented-accomodations. This allows the visitors to get a more authentic and lively experience of camping. Wake up to the chirping sounds of beautiful birds and doze off at night with the coo-cooing of owls.
- Jaisalmer: Jaisalmer is an exquisite place to camp. With an array of luxury and mid-range sites of camping, the city offers the whole desert camping experience brimmed with cultural performances of locals and camel rides. It is quite obvious that winter is the only season you should consider to camp here.
- Chandra Taal Lake: The place is situated at a height of 4300 meters and forms an ultimate place to camp during summers. Though pitching tents on the river side are no longer allowed, but a few campsites in the proximity allow the travelers to satiate their hunger for camping. The place is not a camping option to for heart and asthma patients.
- Kasol: Situated at an altitude of 1460 meters, Kasol is a wonderful hill station in the Parvati Valley of Kullu. There are various small camps that are situated on the bank of the river Parvati and are renowned among travelers heading to Yanker Pass, Parvati Pass, Sar Pass and Kheer Ganga.
- Solang Valley: Solang is a popular tourist spot among paragliders. The ground of camping allows only a limited number of tents for the travelers to camp. The favorable months to camp here are from September to October and April to June. While heading to camp at this place, take warm clothes along with you.